Lawyers/attorneys offering legal representation or legal counseling for special needs trusts can be found in these locations:
- ASK RESOURCE CENTER: maintains a list of Iowa attorneys who represent families in special needs trusts related legal issues at https://www.askresource.org/resources/legal-resources-in-iowa
- YELLOW PAGES OF THE PHONE BOOK: every phone book has different specialty attorney headings. Try looking for specialties that may serve a specific need such as:
- Attorneys – Estate Planning & Administration
- Attorneys – Wills, Estate Planning & Probate
- Attorneys – Wills, Trusts & Estates
- IOWA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION’S FIND-A-LAWYER ONLINE SEARCH SERVICE: www.iowafindalawyer.com
- Under “Find Attorneys by Practice Area”, select “Disabilities,” “Family” or “Trusts and Estates.” You may have to click on the link “See all practice areas” to find the areas.
- On the bottom left side of the following page, narrow down the search by selecting the city near you.
Note: this website lists only lawyers in Iowa who are willing to consult and advise at a discounted rate of no more than $25 for the first 30 minutes.
- LOCAL IOWA/NEBRASKA 2-1-1 AGENCY:
- Call by dialing 2-1-1
- Visit website 211iowa.org and select the “Legal and Consumer” category, and then from one or more of the following sections: “Discrimination Assistance”, “General Legal Services”, or “Other Specialized Legal Services”.