Lawyers/attorneys offering legal representation or legal counseling for special education issues can be found through:
- ASK RESOURCE CENTER: maintains a list of Iowa attorneys who represent families in special education-related legal issues at https://www.askresource.org/filesimages/ASK%20Info%20Sheets/Legal%20Resources%20in%20Iowa.pdf
- IOWA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION’S FIND-A-LAWYER ONLINE SEARCH SERVICE: www.iowafindalawyer.com
- Under “Find Attorneys by Practice Area”, select “Disabilities” and “Education.” You may have to click on the link “See all practice areas” to find the areas.
- On the bottom left side of the following page, narrow down the search by selecting the city near you.
Note: this website lists only lawyers in Iowa who are willing to consult and advise at a discounted rate of no more than $25 for the first 30 minutes.
- LOCAL IOWA/NEBRASKA 2-1-1 AGENCY:
- Call by dialing 2-1-1
- Visit website 211iowa.org and select the “Legal and Consumer” category, and then from one or more of the following sections: “Discrimination Assistance”, “General Legal Services or “Other Specialized Legal Services”.